Sunday, April 24, 2011

A Grandmother's Hands

Matt and I had a great weekend with family and friends. Now it's back to the real life of laundry and cleaning. This weekend (starting Friday) has been a blessing for both of us because we got to see everyone in our close family (with the exception of a few siblings). That doesn't happen very often but we are so thankful for each of them and were so happy to see them!

So, as I said in my previous post I, along with 9 other family members, stayed Friday night with my Mema in Delhi. We had a BLAST!!!!!! We stayed up too late, slept on blow up mattress throughout her living room, and woke up early to prepare breakfast and lunch for everyone!

One of my fondest childhood memories is of my Mema cooking homemade biscuits and me eating a lot of them with a lot of syrup. I was so obsessed with these little guys that my Papaw Gerald used to call me "syrup sopper". It was my nick name my whole life out in Delhi!!! Fun stuff!
So Saturday morning I got the opportunity to take some pictures of my Mema making her biscuits. What a BLESSING! I will never ever forget my memories as a child with her but now I have pictures to remind me forever, I was ecstatic. I won't put up a pic of her because I know she would not love that but just know the women behind these hands is full of love and compassion. I hope and pray that I am half the woman she is!!!

  I had to pleasure to live with her for a year back in 2006 and she taught me how to make her biscuits. My hands don't roll them as well as hers but  I am getting better!!!!

 This is a pic of the finished product. The best biscuits I have ever eaten in my life :-)

That is it for today. I just wanted to share a little about my Mema and her biscuits!!!! Thanks for reading!
Malissa

1 comment: